It’s vent time everyone one! I fucking hate carb cycling. There, it’s out.
Part of the reason why I hate it is because it’s effective. I have a hard time getting through the day without at least 100g of carbs and yet as I survive more and more of these low carb days, I feel the weight falling off and my clothes fitting looser.
But to what end? Is it better to be fat and happy or skinny and miserable?
Obviously the answer is somewhere in the middle, but even after 66 days, I don’t think I’ve found that middle yet. I’m tired of spending so much energy planning meals and logging macros. I already have a job, dammit! And there are so many things that are more deserving of my time and attention.
To be successful with carb cycling two things need to happen:
1. I need to plan more. Full blown menus for every meal except dinner for all carb cycling days. Plan it, buy it, prepare it and go.
2. Sometimes I need food that makes me happy. Sometimes I need to look forward to my meal instead of just being a robot all the time. I need sweet, savory, salty and crunchy.
So here are 3 things we’re going to do:
- Fruit. Yes its carbs and sugar, but it comes with fiber and paired with a high protein meal it makes me feel better. 2 servings/day.
- Rice with my breakfast. In fact, I’m happy to commit to the same exact breakfast 4 days/week. 1/2 cup of rice, 2 eggs, 3 turkey sausages or 4 strips of turkey bacon.
- Quest bars. No, they’re not as tasty as Combat Crunch, but they’re cheaper and they have 17 grams of fiber.
That’s it and that’s all! Vent over, let’s move on.
Didn’t wake up early enough for the gym so I’m heading over right before lunchtime. Frankly I’m a little scared of doing squats @ 230. We shall see…