My home scale read 208 this morning, down from 212 on Monday morning. So at least initially the cutting is working. I kept to my calories yesterday but my macros were bad. The meatballs I had for dinner were too fatty so I skimped on the protein.
Also, I’m having a hard time finding an accurate nutritional profile for cooked pasta. The best one I could find was 158 calories for 100 grams (which is a very small portion, most “normal” sized portions of cooked pasta are probably around 300 to 400 grams!)
Today’s gym experience was a bit challenging. My train was late and the squat racks were all taken. So I started with overhead presses and then moved to squats. This was fine until I got to the deadlift because I failed to get 5 reps. I was just too burned out from the squatting. Here are the numbers:
- Squat 215 x 5 x 3 (same weight as Wednesday)
- Overhead 105 x 5 x 3 (same weight as Monday)
- Deadlift 260 x 3 x 1 (a new PR but didn’t get the 5 reps so I will do 260 again next time)
Perhaps after this month is over I will switch to an AB split of Squat/Bench and Dead. I could probably do OP after deads. So something like this:
- Squat 3 x 5
- Bench 3 x 5
- Deadlift 3 x 5
- Overhead Press 3 x 5
So now the real challenge begins… trying to cut over the weekend!